Four members of the same family have died while the other four are seriously ill after consuming poisonous mushrooms in Thandanani village, Filabusi, Matabeleland South Province.
This brings to 15 the number of people who have died of poisonous mushrooms in nine days after 11 others from Mberengwa have died since last week.
Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Provincial Spokesperson, Inspector Philisani Ndebele told the ZBC News that Pretty Dlamini (14) harvested wild mushrooms at Mhlangeni grazing area and gave them to her grandmother, Elizabeth Nkomo (60) who cooked them for supper.
On the same day at around 10.pm, the eight family members started experiencing stomach problems and vomited for the whole night.
After a few days, the affected members were taken to Filabusi district hospital for treatment.
Unfortunately, Tapelo Nkomo (9) died at the health centre.
Three more have since died at Mpilo Hospital in Bulawayo, while four others are still battling for life.
Officials from the Ministry of Health and Child Care and the ZRP are appealing to communities to to be wary of wild mushrooms as some of them are poisonous.